IFC FOCUS is a monthly magazine published with the mission to help the promotion of Istanbul as an international financial center in the global arena. Headquartered in Istanbul, IFC FOCUS’s audience includes members of governmental bodies, seniors of banks and non-bank financial institutions, representatives of international institutions and diplomatic missions in Turkey.
The magazine started its website in October 2018. Istanbulforfinance.com provides articles from all issues of IFC FOCUS and offers insights into Turkey’s financial and economic environment.
Issue 19 January 2019
- Turkey The New Hub of Islamic Finance
- An Assessment of Global Correspondent Banking And Policy Actions
- Strong Banking Industry in Turkey
- ICO - Initial Coin Offering
- Money Transfer Using Blockchain
- Distributed Ledger Technology
- Investment Environment in Turkey
- Turkey's Energy Roadmap
- Istanbul, the City of Festivals
Issue 18 December 2018
- Turkey in 2018
- The Rising Value of Finance Technologies: TechFin
- Turkish Economy in 2018: An Overview
- Turkey Lucrative Hub For Investments
- Strong Banking Industry
- Sectoral Opportunities
- Industry 4.0 And New Trade Routes
- Istanbul Expressions From Books
Issue 17 November 2018
- The Robo-Advisors: A True Transformation of Banking and Wealth Management
- Q&As on Turkey-US Relations
- Inflation, Rebalancing and Productivity
- Bank Personnel Fraud Detection
- Growing Angel Investors and Startups in Turkey
- Benefits of FDI and Global Investment Flows
- Turkey: A Place I Never Thought I Would Write About
Issue 16 October 2018
- Indebtedness A Cross Country Comparison
- Q&As on Recent Economic Developments in Turkey
- Turkey Towards a Cashless Society
- The Rising Value of Finance Technologies: RegTech System
- Social Media Shaping Public Perception of the Turkish Economy
- The Role of Social Media in Banking
- Ottoman Palace Cuisine
Issue 15 September 2018
- Recent Developments in the Turkish Economy
- Open Banking and Fintech Ecosystem
- The Rising Value: InsurTech
- Products for Project-Based Incentive System
- A Turkish Professor is Poised to Change the Course of History
- Fishery in Istanbul
Issue 14 August 2018
- Turkey And Brazil: 160 Years of Diplomatic Relations
- Artificial Intelligence in Finance Sector
- Turkish Banks’ Bond Issuances
- Trade Wars Gain Momentum
- ICO, Initial Coin Offering
- The Jewel of Two Seas: Istanbul
- Turkish Telecomunication Market
Issue 13 July 2018
- Turkey Voted For The "New Era"
- Turkey Showcases the Istanbul New Airport
- The FIFA World Cup 2018
- New Regulations on FX Credits
- Turkey Sees Major Tourism Turnaround in 2018
- Top Four Institutions of Istanbul
- Pillars Of Istanbul: Top Four Institutions Of The City
Issue 12 June 2018
- Turkish Banking Sector Overview 2001-2018
- Digital Transformation and the Technology Investments
- Credit Rating Agencies and Their Role in the World
- Canal Istanbul:Crown Jewel of Turkey’s Mega-Projects
- The Automotive Sector:Pioneering Exports
- Pharmaceutical Industry:Developing in Turkey
- Istanbul: The Heart Of The Old World.
Issue 11 May 2018
- Turkish Economy On Way To Elections
- Turkey Joins the Nuclear Energy Club
- Internet of Things: Ongoing Digital Revolution
- Big Data and the Future of Banking
- Turkey Promotion Group: Strength in Unity
- Turkey Well On Way To Localization
- The Tulip of The Middle East
- Metin Özdemir, General Manager of Ziraat Participation Bank:"Visionary Actor in Participation Banking Sector"
Issue 10 April 2018
- Trade Wars: Historical Perspective, Current Trends And Empirical Evidence
- FDI as a Driving Force of Economic Development
- Towards a Self-Sufficient National Defense System
- De-Risking: Trends in Correspondent Banking
- Turkey Promotion Group: Strength in Unity
- Finance Technopark: Pioneer of Change
Issue 9 March 2018
- Chinese Economy Trends, Implications and What to Expect in 2018: According to the imf World Economic Outlook database, China is ranked second largest economy in the world and have already surpassed the us economy in terms of size calculated with purchasing power parity.
- Export Financing for Sustainable Growth
- The Blockchain Technology, Pros And Cons
- Banking Sector Overview in 2017
- Reforms Support Turkey’s Success Story
- İstanbul, The City of Mystries
Issue 8 February 2018
- Top Trends in Financial Services Industry: Drastic changes in technology, especially over the past few years, is the most creative force that prevents the financial institutions from continuing to take role, behave and function in their traditional way.
- MiFID II: A Regulatory Attempt to Provide Transparency Across Europe
- IPOs and Opportunities in the Turkish Market
- Wait is Over: Turkey to Manufacture its First Truly Domestic Car
- Adnan Yıldırım, Türk Eximbank General Manager: "Türk Eximbank Always Supporting Sustainable Growth"
Issue 7 January 2018
- Turkey's Investment Environment: Turkey is a dynamic and growing G20 economy that uniquely links the East with the West.
- Exports in 2017 as a Growth Dynamic
- Big Data: Insights on the Economy
- Real Estate Investment Funds
- Five Routes of Istanbul
- İlker Aycı, Turkish Airlines Chairman: "Turkish Airlines, Prevailing Strength in Global Aviation Industry"
Issue 6 December 2017
- Islamic Banking Sector: The Istanbul International Financial Center Project improves the perception towards an interest-free financial system.
- Use of Local Currencies in International Trade
- The Role of Digitalization on Economies
- Strengthening Ties with the Brighter Sub-Sahara
- Life in Istanbul, The City that Lives on the Sea
- The. Eng. Hani Salem Sonbol, CEO, ITFC: "ITFC Aims to Boost Trade Finance in Turkey"
Issue 5 October - November 2017
- Recent Outlook of The Turkish Banking Sector:Realizations and data developments in Turkish banking sector from the beginning of the year till September has shown that the sector is preserving and continuing its stability and soundness.
- Non-Bank Financial Institutions in Turkey
- Islamic Crowdfunding
- National Palaces, Istanbul's Cultural Heritage
- Nail Olpak, President Of DEİK: "Relay Race Continues at DEİK With The Recent Change of Guard"
- Mehmet Büyükekşi, ChairmanH of TİM: "Turkish Exporters Assembly, The Worldwide Representative of “Turkey” Brand"
Issue 4 August - September 2017
- July 15 And The Turkish Economy: Trends of indicators clearly show that the Turkish economy performs a fast recovery in the aftermath of July 15 failed coup attempt.
- Foreign Direct Investment, the Source of Economic Development
- Blockchain Technology and Bitcoin, The New Path in Digital World
- Credit Guarantee Fund Boosts Economic Activity in Turkey
- İbrahim Çağlar, President of Istanbul Chamber of Commerce: "Istanbul Chamber of Commerce, a Pillar of IIFC"
- Abdurrahman Kaan, MÜSİAD President: "MÜSİAD Continues to Take Firm Steps Forward"
Issue 3 June - July 2017
- National Energy Policy: Dawn of A New Era
- Turkish Defense Industry
- FinTech Ecosystem: The New Fact for a Developed Financial System in Turkey
- Old Seat of Banking: Banker’s Street
- Himmet Karadağ, Borsa Istanbul Chairman: "Borsa Istanbul, on its Way Towards Diversifying Capital Markets in Turkey"
- Osman Arslan, Ziraat Participation Bank General Manager: "Ziraat Participation Bank Celebrates its Second Anniversary"
Issue 2 April - May 2017
- Turkiye Wealth Fund: Turkey established its own wealth fund to finance mega projects and support economic growth.
- Towards a Presidential Governance System: Referendum Takes Place on April 16th
- Turkey: A Gate for Islamic Financial Industry
- One Belt, One Road: China, Turkey and the World
- Nihat Zeybekçi, Minister of Economy: "Turkey, en route to Achieve 2023 Targets."
- Mehmet Bostan, The Chairman And CEO of Turkiye Wealth Fund: "Turkiye Wealth Fund: Building a Stronger Turkey for Future Generations"
Issue 1 February - March 2017
- Istanbul The Capital City: Istanbul International Financial Center, the Project, Highly Anticipated Globally, Rings the First Bell of a New Financial Era for Turkey.
- The World Economy in 2017
- The Rating Downgrades: This Song Does Not End Here<
- The City That Never Sleeps
- Nurettin Canikli, Deputy Prime Minister:"The New Era in Istanbul As a Financial Hub: IIFC Coordination Council"
- Saleh Jelassi, Resident Representative - IDB Turkey: "Islamic Development Bank, the Locomotive of Islamic Finance"